[omd-users] OMD and check-mk plugins

Zach LaCelle lacelle at roboticresearch.com
Tue Aug 22 19:20:13 CEST 2017

Hello,

I'm trying out OMD as a replacement to custom-configured Nagios3, and so
far I like a lot of the changes.  However, I'm having issues getting
check_mk to run within the framework.  Hopefully this is a simple fix.

I've followed the instructions to get a Nagios site running, and have
installed the check_mk_agent package on a test server.  I can telnet to
that server from the OMD server and see the outputs of the
check_mk_agent process, so it looks like the agent is running correctly.

However, when I set up a service inside of Nagios on the OMD site, it
complains about the following:
(No output on stdout) stderr: python: can't open file
'/omd/sites/nagios/var/check_mk/precompiled/<machine name>': [Errno 2]
No such file or directory

The service I've set up look as follows:
define service {
   service_description            check-mk
   host_name                      <machine name>
   use                            check_mk_active
   check_command                  check-mk
   contact_groups                 sysadmins
}

What is the correct way to set up the configuration from the OMD
website, so that it precompiles the plugins to run and runs the correct
binary?

Thank you!