[omd-users] OMD and check-mk plugins

Andreas Döhler andreas.doehler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 21:12:17 CEST 2017

You can use it with command line configuration. There the old style main.mk
file will be edited and with calling "cmk -R" you generate classic Nagios
checks and then restart the core.
The templates are needed for this check generation.
If you configure with the GUI then in the background the same commands are
issued and the configuration is generated.

What is also a great help is to configure a host inside WATO and then take
a look at the generated .mk files inside
/omd/sites/<your-site>/etc/check_mk/conf.d/wato/hosts.mk and rules.mk
Then it is possible if you prefer a hand made configuration to take theses
files as an example how to build your own .mk files and generate the Nagios
config with "cmk -R".

The following link gives a short explanation what are these .mk files are
doing - https://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_configfiles.html

br
Andreas

Zach LaCelle <lacelle at roboticresearch.com> schrieb am Di., 22. Aug. 2017 um