[omd-users] OMD 2.60 - Activate Changes taking too long

Mahesh Patade patademahesh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 09:10:59 CEST 2017

Hi All,

Recently we upgraded our OMD from 1.20 to 2.60. We are monitoring approx.
1500 hosts and 32k services. Everything is working fine except "Activate
changes" task. It takes around 10-15 minutes to make changes.

When i checked in the background it runs check_mk.py - automation - restart
task which iterates over pre-compiled checks for all the hosts monitored
from that OMD instance. Which in turns takes so much time because its a
synchronous process.

Is there any we can run this only for changed services/hosts OR make this
process run parallel ?

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful gift to OSS community.

Best Regards,
Mahesh