[omd-users] Remove default ping tag

Dennis Sweben d_sweben at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 16 10:27:45 CET 2018

Hi All,

Nevermind, I guess this is because I removed all ‘services/checks’.

From: "0.o Dennis o.0" <d_sweben at hotmail.com>
Date: 1-16-2018 at 09:50
To: "omd-users at lists.mathias-kettner.de" <omd-users at lists.mathias-kettner.de>
Subject: Remove default ping tag

Hi all,

I have changed Host check command, to ‘always assume host to be up’
And I added a ‘Check hosts with Ping (ICMP Echo Request)’ rule, for host tag ‘Pingable?’ (value = ping_yes)

Now I find hosts that are still being pinged.
Below the mentioned tags from the host :
lan|​ip-v4|​no_https_check|​ping|​ip-v4-only|​site:Apple_Monitor|​ping_no|​no_http_check|​route_public|​prod

This host is still being marked as CRIT on PING.

Any advice here ?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Dennis