[omd-users] Migrating OMD

Dennis Sweben d_sweben at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 17 09:21:56 CET 2018

Hi all,

I’m trying to migrate my older monitoring systems to a new machine.
Old server(s): CentOS7 – omd 1.2.8p12
New server: Ubuntu Xenial – omd 1.4.0p23

I already installed 1.2.8p12 on the new server, and did the restore without problems.
Now you will understand that Ubuntu will try to run /etc/sbin/httpd, which is not present as Ubuntu runs apache..
Error on running:
Starting dedicated Apache for site MySite…/omd/sites/MySite/etc/rc.d/85-apache: line 88: /usr/sbin/httpd: No such file or directory

How can I proceed this migration? I really want to get rid of the old servers with stupid centos -,-

Any advice? I can’t really afford a clean site since the old one is holding data from more than a year which I need to preserve.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Dennis