[omd-users] Use NginX instead of apache

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Wed Jan 17 10:41:44 CET 2018

Imre Bertalan [17.01.2018 09:39]:
> Hey Forum!
>
> I'm using NginX ever since I'm working with webservers, but have not used
> apache yet. (Didn't have to). Therefore, the configurations for OMD looks
> very confusing for me. My main issue yet is to install an SSL certificate
> for my omd website. With NginX I would know where to start, but with apache
> and all the links everywhere, I'm getting very dizzy now. So I have mainly
> 2 questions.
>
> 1; Where the hell can I put my crt and key files and with what names so
> apache will recofnise it and use it.

Hi Bert,

in Apache, you have several options like SSLCertificateFile,
SSLCertificateKeyFile, SSLCertificateChainFile, SSLCACertificatePath,
SSLCARevocationFile. They can contain any path, like

SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/myssl/cert-longnumber.pem
SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/apache2/myssl/cert_chain.txt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/myssl/mykey_without_password.pem

If you have certificates from Let's Encrypt, just give the paths to
/etc/certbot/live/ accordingly, like

SSLCertificateFile /etc/certbot/live/<hostname>/fullchain.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/certbot/live/<hostname>/privkey.pem

the other options aren't used in this case.

The options' description can be found in
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_ssl.html>.

To use them, you must include the mod_ssl (command "a2enmod ssl") in the
config.

HTH, Werner