[omd-users] Use NginX instead of apache

Imre Bertalan bertalanimre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 08:46:37 CET 2018

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the info about PHP. I didn't know that but I'll make sure to
test it out.

About MariaDB and MySQL. I cannot use MySQL because of compatibility issues
according to a website that, no matter how hard I'm looking for, I cannot
find now. But I swear I've seen that. But since you are saying that they
are perfect match for each other, I'll give it a go.

About NginX. Sorry to argue, but NginX is nothing like what you've
mentioned. We are hosting a lot of non-static websites and they run NginX
perfectly. Like iyassu.com, projektorizzok.hu, etc... Maybe it was for
static websites 10 years ago, but ever since I work with NginX, this proved
to be better compared to Apache by experience + benchmarking.

Also about the usage of Python based webapplications, it is possible to use
them with NginX according to the manufacturers website
<https://www.nginx.com/blog/maximizing-python-performance-with-nginx-parti-web-serving-and-caching/>
however, I do see complications with it. But since it is not impossible,
I'll create a test environment for myself in the very near future and test
these things. I'll also report back what was happening :) Hope it will do
some good for the community.

Regards:
Imre