[omd-users] Use NginX instead of apache

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Thu Jan 18 09:33:20 CET 2018

On 18.01.2018 08:46, Imre Bertalan wrote:

>             2; How about using NginX? It is a way better webserver in
>             terms of performance, plus it has other features like a
>             built-in loadbalancer.

Just my 2¢: OMD / Check_MK is not in need of a high performance
webserver as its users are mainly the IT group (even in large
organisations that should be not more than 100 at the same time).

OMD / Check_MK currently works perfectly with Apache.

The nginx setup seems to be more complex as you need a separate FastCGI
or WSGI server running.

There are other areas were improvement is necessary but not in the
choice of the webserver software.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,