[omd-users] Scheduled downtime

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Mon Jan 29 21:49:29 CET 2018

Thanks, but I don't see how that's different than I already stated as an option, but mainly rejected for clumsy-ness;

>Obviously, one can create a time-period that excludes the "down" time and apply that to either the notification/excalation or the check.

>But that's a hassle if you have a lot of services/hosts that have a different time-period for their downtime - you end up creating a bunch of one-off time-periods and each service/host has it's own time-period. That's easy to screw-up, in so many ways. [Or you can create one time-period that excludes a wider time, and can handle more than one service/host - but that may be less granular than desired.]

Essentially, I already do this, but the time-period excludes [IMO] too much time in an effort to cover all the hosts/services together and limit the number of time-periods. IMO, that's like killing flies with an axe. It works [kinda], but leaves [big] marks on the furniture. I'd hoped there was some more elegant method.

-Greg

Under ‘WATO’ select ‘Notifications’ and define a time period the service should notify.

Under ‘WATO’ select ‘Host & Service Parameters’ and search for ‘Notification period of services’, where you can pair the time period and the service, including limiting by folder and/or host.