[omd-users] alert handlers and performance data

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Tue Jan 22 16:05:22 CET 2019

Hi,

On 22.01.19 15:58, Moulton, Steve via omd-users wrote:
> I have recently started looking over alert handlers to take certain
> actions (i.e., shut down a computer if the temps are above what I think
> they should be).

The thresholds should be defined in the check parameters.

You have the service state in the alert handler and you know that when
it is CRITICAL that the temperature is above a certain threshold. There
is no need to know the current temp.

You could ask for the last performance data via livestatus query from
within your alert handler if you really need the value.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 93818 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin