[omd-users] migration from omdlabs to checkmk-raw

Dennis Sweben d_sweben at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:45:44 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me out here. Due an OS upgrade on CentOS with omdlabs, I killed the monitoring.
Now I reinstalled a machine, and installed latest omdlabs and I absolutely dislike the fact they removed Nagios and checkmk!

So I’ve reinstalled the server again and just now installed the checkmk-raw deb file.
It’s working, but now I can’t restore my omd backup : " You need to have version 2.90-labs-edition installed to be able to restore this backup. “

How can I put back my backup manually, preserving my hosts, services and history ?
That really would be a life saver..

Thanks in advance!!!

--

I tried to create the site with omd,
moved ~/backup<mysite/etc/check_mk/conf.d/wato/* /omd/sites/<mysite>/etc/check_mk/conf.d/wato/

moved ~/backup<mysite>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/* /omd/sites/<mysite>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/
did chown -R on the folder with the correct user and group

However this results still in an empty site (regarding hosts, services e.d.)